Chief Operating Officer
Simpson Senior Services has retained LeaderStat Premier to assist them in identifying a Chief Operating Officer.
Simpson Senior Services is a not-for-profit owner and operator of three Life Plan Communities and two affordable housing communities for seniors in the greater Philadelphia area. Simpson Senior Services is related historically and by mission to the United Methodist Church. The organization is fully engaged in bringing about innovation and best practices for the seniors they serve.
The Chief Operating Officer will partner with the CEO and executive leadership team to set the strategic direction of the organization and support the development of innovative programs and services designed to transform the communities and the lives of the seniors served This position also provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and necessary systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Currently, there are many exciting new developments occurring within Simpson Senior Services:
- There is a campus repositioning that is taking place at Simpson House, Philadelphia’s historic retirement community that originated in 1865. An exciting addition to the Simpson House campus called Cornerstone, includes 37 beautiful apartments, new dining venues and a state of the art fitness center. Also, the skilled nursing center has been renovated to create a new short-term rehab unit with private accommodations and a new therapy suite.
- Simpson Meadows is also currently undergoing renovations including upgrading the Assisted Living apartments, the memory care neighborhood, the dining room, and the common areas.
- Jenner’s Pond, Simpson’s flagship campus, continues to thrive and maintains a strong position in the market. From beautiful independent living cottages and apartments to a state of the art rehab center, the community offers the full compliments of upscale senior care in a magnificent setting.
- Simpson Gardens is in the midst of an exciting expansion that will double the size of their beautiful existing affordable housing community.
- Simpson Midtown continues to fulfill a vital mission to very low income seniors in the heart of Center City Philadelphia.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage, direct and oversee all operational activities – including oversight of the various communities’ financial, clinical, marketing and operational performance
- Assists with appropriate long-range strategic planning activity to improve the operational performance of the organization
- Manages and directs Executive Directors and other senior staff; delegating, assigning, evaluating, hiring, disciplining, developing, and rewarding. Creates depth and breadth of talent through thoughtful succession planning
- Promotes the Mission, Vision, and Values of Simpson Senior Services in all areas of responsibility
- Ensures prudent fiscal management, internal controls, fairness and corporate compliance
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the various communities
- Other duties as assigned or may be necessary in an organization having overlapping roles and responsibilities
- Serves as Corporate Compliance Officer
- Demonstrates and promotes the highest standards of customer service to both internal and external customers
- BS in Business or Healthcare Administration or relevant field; MS/MBA preferred
- 10 Years of Healthcare Management Experience
- Pennsylvania Licensed Nursing Home Administrator or ability to obtain
Located in beautiful, vibrant and historic Philadelphia, PA, opportunities abound to experience all the city has to offer. The city is known for its arts, culture, and history with some of the world’s best museums. Philadelphia has more outdoor sculptures and murals than any other American city. There are wonderful educational opportunities with colleges and universities located throughout the city. For the sports-minded individuals, the city boasts multiple professional sports teams including baseball, basketball, football, and hockey. Even still if you wanted to get away from it all, the sandy beaches of the ocean are located only an hour away. As a city known for its brotherly love, Philadelphia offers an excellent quality of life.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
Please submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Executive Search Consultant