All of us at Whitney Center believe it is important to enable the engagement of individuals toward their personal fulfillment, in pursuit of Excellence in Senior Living. As a member of Assisted Living, you will work toward achieving this mission by offering choice in how those we serve engage in a variety of quality-of-life services that helps them realize their potential, regardless of physical, emotional or cognitive limitations.
As the Director of Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) you are responsible for coordinating and managing services for our residents in their homes. This includes but is not limited to nursing services, aide services, companions and memory support.
- Will assist in the development of initiatives involving expansion of health services both on campus and throughout the greater New Haven area.
- Oversees all aspects of health care on campus and off campus through our Thrive At Home program.
- Participates in or develops objectives, standards of care, policies and procedures concerning nursing services delivered to residents.
- Assists in staff recruitment, selection, orientation and in-service education.
- Provides direct nursing service to the residents as required including admissions, discharges and changes in condition.
- Develop resident care plan and instructions for nursing staff - identifies resident problems/needs, goals of management, plans for intervention and implementation.
- Coordinates services with the resident, family and agencies, as necessary.
- Refers the resident to appropriate professionals or agencies, whenever the residents’ conditions necessitates.
RN required; prefer BSN; Must have home care experience as well as facility based experience.
Knowledge of home care preferred.