As a member of the Whitney Center Health Center Team, the Infection Control Nurse is responsible for directing and coordinating the infection control program. In this role you will interact with residents, family members, co-workers, professionals and other visitors. As such it is your responsibility to promote a positive work environment and maintain positive work relationships. It is important in this role that you adapt to changing demands courteously and professionally.
1. Compare laboratory reports with communicable diseases list to identify conditions that require infection control procedures.
2. Advise and consult with organization personnel concerning precautions to be taken to protect residents, staff and other persons from possible contamination or infection.
3. Investigate infection control problems and arrange for follow-up care for persons exposed to infection or disease.
4. Instruct personnel in universal and specific infection control procedures.
5. Track physicals, PPD tests, Hepatitis B training and vaccination for all employees.
6. Observe Center for proper use of isolation techniques.
7. Responsible for providing in-service education to all staff upon hire and annually.