All of us at Whitney Center believe it is important to enable the engagement of individuals toward their personal fulfillment, in pursuit of Excellence in Senior Living. As a member of Assisted Living, you will work toward achieving this mission by offering choice in how those we serve engage in a variety of quality-of-life services that helps them realize their potential, regardless of physical, emotional or cognitive limitations.
As the SALSA you are responsible for coordinating and managing all assisted living services for our residents. This includes but is not limited to assisted living nursing services, aide services and memory support.
- Ensures the evaluation of the clinical competence of assigned nursing personnel and C.N.A's.
- Participates in or develops all agency objectives, standards of care, policies and procedures concerning nursing services delivered to assisted living and independent living residents.
- Assists in staff recruitment, selection, orientation and in-service education.
- Provides direct nursing service to the residents as required including admissions, discharges and changes in condition.
- Develop resident care plan and instructions for nursing staff - identifies resident problems/needs, goals of management, plans for intervention and implementation.
- Coordinates services with the resident, family and agencies, as necessary.
- Refers the resident to appropriate professionals or agencies, whenever the residents’ conditions necessitates.
- Oversees all aspects of health care on campus and off campus through our Thrive At Home program.
- Will assist in the development of our off-campus initiatives involving expansion of health services throughout the greater New Haven area.
RN required; prefer BSN; Must have home care experience as well as facility based experience.
Knowledge of home care and AL regulations.